Center for Career Development (CCD)
Center for Career Development (CCD) is an important organ of the School of Business of Uttara University. It is committed to nurturing students of UU for job market through programs like seminar, symposium, workshop, career fair, and campus recruitment. CCD is a help desk for the students for achieving their career goals. It works to find out the weaknesses of the students and train them so that they can acquire required skills and attitudes. CCD focuses on the development of work ethics among the UU students which are essential to become successful in their jobs or their own businesses.
- Motivate students to plan their career during their student life.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses among the students for the job market.
- Arrange regular hands on training, workshops and seminars to boost up their skills.
- Make bridge between the employers and the school.
- Arrange regular programs called from the mouth of the employers.
- Make students familiar with ethical dilemmas and ethical decision making.
CCD has been working to set up a strong permanent placement cell for UU graduates. In order to achieve that goal, CCD is preparing to establish effective links with corporate sectors and employers. It strives for identifying the higher studies avenue for the UU graduates in abroad. We are also planning to offer certificate course on different topics related to Job Searching, Job Finding and overall career development.
How to Join?
- Any student of SoB UU is eligible to consult with the Director, Additional Director and other Resource persons in their office.
- Counseling is free for all SoB students.
- Our Day-Long programs and workshops are limited to the registered participants only.
- You can like our Facebook page for regular updates on job circulars and other career related information [fb.com/CCDUU]
Anyone interested to join may contact:
- Md. Anisuzzaman (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Md Alauddin (email@example.com),
- Zahidul Islam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arranged workshop on CV Writing and Interview Techniques. The workshop was conducted by Md. Mamun Alam, HR manager of BATA Shoe Company Ltd. Dated: November 14, 2015
- Arranged workshop on Outsourcing and Android Development. The workshop was conducted by Md Mahmudul Haque Khan, Android Developer of US Software Ltd. Dated: December 18, 2015
- Arranged Workshop on Interview Techniques and Employer’s Expectations. The workshop was conducted by Mr. Md Musharrof Hossain, Head of HRM, iccrb, Dhaka& President, Bangladesh Society for Human Resource Management (BSHRM). Dated: February 16, 2016
- To foster the career development of our graduates, we have formulated Uttara University SoB Alumni Association (UUSoBAA) which is the first Alumni Association of Uttara University. UUSoBAA has already passed its first Executive Committee and has started working intensively with the SoB. Dated: November, 2015
- Arranged Campus Recruitment where one of the leading companies in private sector, Petrochem Bangladesh Ltd. came to SoB UU to take written test among the potential candidates. Successful candidates were called for interview in the head office of the company. Dated: May 24, 2016
- Assisted organizing the “1st UU Career Fair-2016” where more than 20 corporate houses and higher education consultancy firms participated. Dated: April 9, 2016
Key Resource Persons of CCD